Wednesday, January 05, 2005

when dogs chase you always carry a backpack

So I totally forgot to ask for time off at my new job for this weekend trip that we were taking and I was going to be coming in late one day and leaving early another. I was gonna send an email cause it's not that big a deal as long as I let 'em know - but we were at my folks house and while I'm impressed that my dad has figured as much out about computers as he has (fer an old guy you know) it's still a slow system, not to mention the fact that's dial-up and he has it all set up to use an AOL browser which is just irritating, so needless to say the message took much longer then it should have. In fact by the time I got around to sending it, it was nearly 3 in the afternoon - and if I'd been there as I should have been I would have been going home in less then an hour. So I decided I need to just book it out of there - it was kinda hard to leave. Dad, being retired and all, has lots of time to tinker and he had a new gadget he wanted Noland to take a look at, so I abandon my poor husband with my dad and take off. Crap. I forgot the dogs in the back yard - not really friendly puppys. I have to scramble across the yard and then jump a fence to get out - but now I don't have my car so I have to walk - this is gonna take forever. Not to mention the fact that I have to stop and get all my stuff - sleeping bag, clothes, flashlight, all kinds of crap. My bag isn't very full right now - I can put some stuff in it - but I wish I had a backpack - then I wouldn't have dropped everything running from the dogs. What a pain in the ass this trip has turned out to be.

No comments: